W.E. Pinder & Son have been arranging and conducting funerals in the Bawtry area for 104 years. In the late 1800s, William Ernest Pinder began work at his local joinery and undertaking business, the owner being John Howard. In 1914, when the opportunity arose, William bought the business, which has been passed down through three subsequent generations; Jack, Robert and John with the next generation Tom and Sam keen to start work when they finish their education.
From small beginnings, Pinder’s hired funeral vehicles from larger businesses and carriage masters, until 1999, when they acquired an old Ford hearse and limousine. As the business grew, they changed to a second-hand Mercedes fleet and this delivery marks a significant milestone with the acquisition of a brand-new Mercedes hearse and two limousines – the first new vehicles in the company’s history.
These momentous vehicles feature a full black leather interior, 17.5” alloy wheels and digital cockpit display. The hearse has been spec’d to include a glass roof with surrounding wreath rails as well as two additional bearer seats and masking coverboards. W.E Pinder and Son also make the choice to personalise the hearse with bespoke illuminated signs.
Of the new fleet John Pinder remarked:
“We are very pleased with our new cars, they look really smart and exceed all our expectations.”