Master Production Planner
As part of our group growth strategy, we wish to recruit a resourceful and dynamic Master Production Planner. This exciting role within a growing business and offers excellent growth and development opportunities.
Based at our Westhoughton Head Office the successful applicant may also be required to work on occasion at other group facilities.
The main purpose of the role is to improve all aspects of Master Production scheduling to ensure on time in full, cost and dispatch targets are consistently achieved.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- Creation and maintenance of manufacturing schedules.
- Liaise closely with Value Stream / Managers and the rest of the Supply Chain for optimal production and supply schedules.
- Support operational department heads to optimize and sequence output in line with company targeted goals.
- Utilising existing capacity planning tools for full utilisation of labour input across a multi-skilled workforce.
- Contribute / recommendations at the weekly SOP meeting.
- Monitor and collate data to provide analysis and report progress against the plan to the operational department heads.
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction through process flow change, capacity hours, manning levels and effective workstation optimization and tooling utilization.
- Regular reporting of collated data to departmental heads and senior management team communicating promptly any significant changes that may have a negative impact on the output schedule, customer deliveries or vehicle quality.
- Define long term production plans considering key commodity availability versus customer order intake.
- Provide reports and metrics regarding critical KPIs to drive continuous improvements
Skills and Experience
- Proven production planner experience of 3 years plus.
- Strong engineering/manufacturing knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Has advanced Microsoft suite knowledge, especially excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and numerical skills.
- A starter completer, driven by achievement
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.